Simple Tomato Soup Recipe
x4 Diced Cloves of Garlic
x1 Diced Carrot
x2 Diced Brown Onions
x2 Fresh Tomatoes
1 Can Plum Tomatoes
1/4 Cup of Tomato Paste
Salt & Pepper
1 litre Chicken or Vegetable Stock
Fresh or Dried Basil
Basil Pesto to serve
1. Dice onion, garlic & carrot. Add a splash of vegetable oil to he pot and simmer in the pan for 5-10 minutes on low heat.
2. Add 1 can of plum tomatoes, 1/4 cup of tomato paste & 2 chopped tomatoes. Season with salt & pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Boil 1 litre of water separately & dissolve 2 cubes of stock in the water. Add this to the pot. Simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Blend the soup mixture in the food processor until smooth.
5. Add the soup back into the pot, sprinkle ripped basil leaves or dry basil throughout.
6. Stir in a spoon of basil pesto to serve.