These mini cheesecakes are a tasty, surprisingly quick and impressive dessert to prepare in advance and plate up when you're having dinner guests, everyone is sure to love them! The filling is super creamy and smooth with a subtle pistachio and raspberry flavour, with a crunchy amaretti biscuit base. I found I didn't add enough melted butter to the base mixture, so add a little extra butter if you find the base too crumbly!
Serves: 6 People
Prep/Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
Amaretti bicuits : 150 g
Unsalted butter : 40 g
Cream cheese : 400 g
FOR THE BASE
Melt the butter. Crush down the amaretti biscuits and mix with the butter. Spoon one heaped tablespoon into a metal ring and place in the fridge for 10 minutes to allow to set while you make the filling.
FOR THE CAKES
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2. Lightly crush the pistachios in a pestle and mortar and toast in the oven for 6 minutes.
3. Place the cream cheese in a bowl with the icing sugar, pistachio paste and the pistachios. Whisk together. Add the raspberries and mix in with a fork, gently smashing the raspberries so they begin to break up and release some colour into the mix.
4. Fill the rings with the mix and smooth on top using a palette knife.
5. Return to the fridge and allow to chill for 30 minutes.
6. Use a blowtorch (or alternatively warm hands!) to quickly loosen up the metal ring and serve on a plate.
7. Top with fresh raspberries and a few crushed toasted pistachio nuts, you can also add shaved white chocolate sprinkled over the top for a special touch!