Who doesn't love Rum Balls? Whether you prefer them with or without the actual Rum, they are a delicious little treat in portion control sized balls! That is, if you can control yourself.. lord knows I can't!
So this is one of my go to easy recipes for parties or a naughty snack and literally takes 20 minutes, with no baking involved which also makes it a great recipe to try out with the kids.
If Rum in your desserts doesn't tickle your fancy which is the case for many people, you can add a little extra Cacao to make the balls extra chocolatey instead. If you prefer a hands on tutorial this recipe is on my YouTube channel also, so head over there to see exactly how I make them!
1 Packet of Arnott's Malt O'Milks
1 Can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 Cup Desiccated Coconut
1/3 Cup of Cacao
Tablespoon of Bailey's Liquor (optional)
Extra Desiccated Coconut
1. Line a large tray with baking paper.
2. Blitz the full packet of Malt O Milks in a blender until most is smooth but there are still some bigger pieces visible.
3. In a large mixing bowl, mix the crushed biscuits with the condensed milk, coconut, cacao and the Bailey's if you are adding this to the recipe. If the mixture is too wet, add a little more coconut and cacao.
4. Once the mixture is combined, pop it in the fridge for 5 minutes to firm up.
5. Use wet hands to roll out small balls and roll these in a bowl with the extra desiccated coconut until fully covered. Place on the prepared tray. Work quickly so that the balls don't loose their shape! Repeat until all of the mixture is used.
6. Re shape some of the balls if needed and pop the tray in the fridge for 1 hour to set.